You can make this tasty, low carb shrimp dish in fifteen minutes. The recip packs lots of flavor, looks fantastic and is compatible with both SCD and Paleo diets. You might question the wine being low carb. Riesling has 5g of carbohydrates in a 5 ounce glass of wine. Therefore, this recipes has about 2g before cooking. Cooking will drop the sugar in this recipe slightly when the alcohol evaporates (up to 5-7% for an average wine). A serving size only contains 1/2g of sugar. For comparison, the leek has 3 1/2g sugar per serving.
Quick Garlic Shrimp Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large leek
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled & deveined shrimp (I prefer precooked from deli)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
Optionally, you could substitute 1 teaspoon dried, minced garlic for the 2 cloves to save time at the expense of flavor...fresh, minced garlic is sublime!
Chop & Lentil Hash Instructions:
- Cut leek into 1/4" rings; peel & mince garlic
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Saute leeks and garlic for a minute or two. If the butter starts to burn, you've gone too long
- Add shrimp. If not precooked, cook until pink. If precooked, cook until heated throughout. Stir continuously ensuring everything is thoroughly coated in garlic-buttery goodness
- Add wine and simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Move to serving bowl & add lime zest
If you enjoy this recipe, please leave a "like", tweet, and +1 it and leave a comment. If you have an enhancement, please share!
Thanks & happy slow carbing!